What We Believe
An excerpt from our Party’s platform:
• We believe in American exceptionalism.
• We believe the United States of America is unlike any other nation on earth.
• We believe America is exceptional because of our historic role — first as refuge, then as defender, and now as exemplar of liberty for the world to see.
• We affirm — as did the Declaration of Independence: that all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
• We believe in the Constitution as our founding document.
• We believe the Constitution was written not as a flexible document, but as our enduring covenant.
• We believe our constitutional system — limited government, separation of powers, federalism, and the rights of the people — must be preserved uncompromised for future generations.
• We believe political freedom and economic freedom are indivisible.
• When political freedom and economic freedom are separated — both are in peril; when united, they are invincible.
• We believe that people are the ultimate resource — and that the people, not the government, are the best stewards of our country’s God-given natural resources.
• As Americans and as Republicans we wish for peace — so we insist on strength. We will make America safe. We seek friendship with all peoples and all nations, but we recognize and are prepared to deal with evil in the world.
• Based on these principles, this platform is an invitation and a roadmap. It invites every American to join us and shows the path to a stronger, safer, and more prosperous America.